11 December 2007

The Witch's Curse - Part 1

Once upon a time, a boy fell in love with a girl, and vice versa. They got married, and in a good amount of time, the girl got pregnant.

One day, the girl – Cindy – was travelling to work on the train. She'd managed to get a seat, and was enjoying the rare privilege. Suddenly, her attention was dragged away from her book with a loud AHEM! Standing in front of her was the oldest, ugliest woman that she had ever seen. It wasn't so much the woman's features that were ugly, though – it was the clear evidence that she'd spent the last 80 years scowling at the world. Her mouth was turned down, with so many frown lines that she couldn't have smiled even if she'd changed her ways and wanted to. Her forehead was creased into a permanent glower. Crow's feet? Not for this charming old soul. You had to smile occasionally to get crow's feet.

“This generation are so RUDE!” exclaimed the old woman loudly. Everyone not listening to their mp3 players turned to look. “LOOK at this girl,” she continued, “won't even get up to give a poor old woman her seat!”

“ummm...” said Cindy, embarrassed.

“And she doesn't care a BIT that I could fall and fracture my hip, and die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, without my loved ones around me to soften my last minutes!” the ugly old woman yelled, sobbing realistically. People who HAD been listening to mp3 players took off their headphones to see what was going on. Almost everyone shot dirty, disgusted glances at Cindy. Strangely, though, none of the other seated passengers offered their own seat instead.

“I'm pregnant and my back hurts” Cindy whispered.

“Oh, stop making excuses!” the old woman screamed into her face. “You're just a selfish little bitch! Aren't you?”

“NO!” Cindy yelled, finally snapping. “I'm pregnant, you old harpy, and my back hurts, and I'm sick, and I'm emotional, and I don't need some stupid miserable hag making my life hell because she can't find happiness in anything decent! Go annoy someone else, and leave me the hell alone!” But the unusual emotion and exertion upset her stomach just that little more than usual, and Cindy threw up all over the old hag's shoes.

No comments: